Monday 15 March 2010

just a couple of things,
and I'm not sure that either of them really need to be written down:
but here they are anyway.

the deadly earnestness of you: the cross tells me this.
'don't let anything distract you', you say,'however important it may seem
it really isn't in comparison.'

my isness.
I was thinking today that my 'isness' and your  'I amness' are perhaps where we meet. . . . .
could it be that I cannot be me unless I am in you;
that my being flows directly from yours, and if anything impedes that stream of being, then incompleteness and disintegration follow?
 . . . . like trying to live without air?

wrestling painfully today, yet again, with my music:
so bound up with my life in you in ways that are still beyond my comprehension.
the inadequacy of my music!
a source of constant distress.

the nothingness of you: it's important to acknowledge this and to accept it.
over and over if necessary.
it's almost as if I have to forgive you for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment