Friday 11 September 2009

a few leads today:

burnt fingers;
nothing to hold onto;
the purifying fire which leaves only truth untouched;
your gentle refusal to let me see or know
except by faith.

let go let go you say
but have faith have faith
this is the only holding onto
everything else is subject to alteration, modification and the cycle of decay and renewal
except faith
and it is in the darkness of faith that I am
saith the lord

when I read genesis this time
I realised that I myself am the pharoah who does not let your people go.
until I have lost nearly everything.

the ark if the covenant is made of beautiful things:
colourful, lively things
not drab black and white things. . . .

oh, and the music?
yes yes you cry
of course
(and didn't I really know this all along?)

the music does not lead to knowledge
but it does not lead away either

No comments:

Post a Comment