Friday 4 March 2011

earlier I wrote:
In truth it never did.
and I do not quite know why I wrote this.

when the music flows, the music flows.
I can never know where, how or why.
I can only trust that it flows from you and back to you,
even though it may be by an indirect route.

poetry.
then can be no poetry without you.
poetry without you is no poetry at all
because you are the source of all poetry.
wherever there is beauty, there is you also,
albeit in disguise.


[suddenly, greece occurs to me.
the old, old dualism: greek v jew.
you as singularity.
you as diversity.]

I wrestled with all that, before I discovered you in the psalms:
before I came to understand you as singularity.
but in truth, I'm not sure that that itself isnt a disguise:
a means of approach that then needs to be shed as graven image.

allowing you to be you.
only possible through prayer.


the music can never be allowed to replace the prayer.
but I am a musician.
music needs to happen in me.
why?
not why but because.
because. because.
reasons are not always necessary or clear.


singularity diversity.
isnt this what the trinity is?


the truth is probably neither and both.

No comments:

Post a Comment