Saturday 10 July 2010

a lot of posts yesterday: Gilbert of Sempringham:
a link with the ecclesia Anglicana.
but struggling with this new shadow of Luther:
the cross, yes.
But surely, the holiness of the cross is manifest, not hidden - although perhaps only to those who know? a gift of the spirit then?
Your gift to us is yourself. We can only respond in kind as best as we can.
In my blanker prayer it is faith that clears my way, but it is an informed faith - because of what happened yesterday and the day before: so memory is important.
Prayer today: befuddled: clear thought impossible.

Worth was like this. Only, back then, I wanted only to have a clearer mind: anything else seemed unbearable. Now I see that this cannot be: this is simply not possible when we come close to you. Looking back, my arrogance was both mind-boggling and self-destructive.

bound and gagged: only today it was different: blindfolded and . . . . but for now I cannot for the life of me recall the other word. . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment