Wednesday 16 September 2009

a man,not the man

I am a man and not the man.
I'm not saying that I have never understood this
but it is true that I didn't conceive of it in this way.
there needs to be the man before you can.

the man is actually all that many of the psalms are about:
one of this fortnight's re-revelations . . .

even when alone reading the psalms is something one does with others
a communion then.
[it's hard to put into words without it becoming mere dogma,
or even worse: psycho-babble]
--------

I worked on my violin concerto the other night.
just tweaking things in the first movement for a recording.

[I've had to do another one because the gpo upgrade changes everything.]
sound became a source of light for the first time in many months.

today I was still rubbing out the end of the octet:
(my piano covered in bits of used rubber)
not knowing what this piece is about.
perhaps the not knowing is what it's about.
there is whimsy in the second movement
I need to understand that better before I can finish it happily.
no rush.



No comments:

Post a Comment