Saturday 15 December 2012

Aaron

is there really a way back? I know what needs to be done, but how can I do it?

you make the wind sound different, and the snow look different.
without you, just snow and wind.

with you: a different kind of snow and wind . . .

but living that . . . . here . . . . in this place . . . .how?

you at the beginning and end, for a few minutes, is never going to be enough . . . .



this hole I have found - huge and dark -
isnt it merely the place where you need to be?

and you are there, but I cannot either see, or understand.
my focus has gone, and there is only one way to regain it . . . . 

but can I ever do that here?

but is it not wrong to blame circumstance?
surely it's down to me in the end . . . . .



so this hole I have found - huge and dark - is the blessing,
the gift -

because this is all that can lead me back:
and so I already glimpse - now - how you are there,
I have only to respond . . . .
and so I must, and I ask for the strength to do this . . . .
and it occurs to me that my music must play a part too . . . .
more than before . . .
perhaps because of where I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment