Saturday 5 March 2011

Bradley Manning

presently awaiting trial in solitary confinement in medieval conditions.
here is the video that he leaked.
I wasnt aware of this video until I received a link to the plight of Bradley Manning through moot today. Why wasnt this covered more seriously in the British press when it was first released?
Here is a recent news report on the conditions that Bradley is being kept in and the way in which his friends and colleagues are being harrassed when they try to visit him.
My immediate thought is that all this is happening on Obama´s watch. 
I followed another link at moot to the Guardian´s report on Bradley´s treatment which is even more shocking.
On the moot page about this are two pictures of Bradley - as he was and as he is now. 

I´ve just watched a video of an edition of a programme called 'Four Corners' (Australian ABC) entitled "The Forgotten Man:Bradley Manning". Towards the end of the second video is an interview with Daniel Ellsberg, himself a whistleblower during the Vietnam War, saying this about Bradley: 
 "In my case it was when I looked at the Pentagon Papers that I realised, late in the game, that the case for war in Vietnam was never legitimate.  . . .Then I began to see all that killing of Vietnamese as murder and murder, it seemed to me, was something that had to be stopped even if it put me in prison to do it. I would say that Bradley Manning has shown a willingness to give his life, his freedom,  . . . . . . for his country and you can't be more patriotic than that."

No comments:

Post a Comment