Saturday 13 November 2010

It wasn't that I understood anything this morning,
it was just that I glimpsed what it was that I was misunderstanding.

essential things which had been covered over,
I' m not sure by what.

I still havent grasped that the enormous emptiness I find here 
isnt that at all.
It is simply the only space in which I will be able to find you.
and I say that still without really understanding,
because the enormous emptiness within me stays as that:
enormous emptiness. 
each day I am wrestling with this space and I cannot find you in it;
instead of searching more diligently though my instinct to run is too strong.

until I stop running, even when things are especially difficult, (especially then)
I will not find you here.
teaching does make it all twice as difficult - but it cannot be impossible surely?

there were moments this morning when I understood,
although it is hard to recognise them.
it is the present problem I have with silence that is the greatest challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment