Saturday 9 October 2010

all my prayer is an effort of will, but once I have started there is relief and moments of . . . . clarity?
silent prayer descends constantly into daydream, thoughts about work or mere dozing.
it's as though the house itself (I know I said this before) needs to be 'tuned' or warmed-up. At the moment it seems to stand between us - the wall again . . . . . showing perhaps that I still havent understood the nature of this wall.
This is just how it was in Durham and in Reading . . . . . it takes months. Remember this!
The advantage this time is that I came here because of you anyway. Without you I could never have done this. . . . . .It means that making a life of prayer here may happen just a little more easily . . . . I'm hoping so anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment