Friday 17 July 2009

your purpose

I glimpsed something simple today
simple and completely essential.
missed all these years (though glimpsed before)
and still not fully understood.
its not what I do, or produce, or create that counts
it's the me that's left afterwards.

it sounds like an obvious wisdom, but without you it makes no sense
because of omnipresent death.

which takes me back to the time thing:
you ease it from sharp brittleness into something flexible.

I had strange thoughts about reincarnation a day or so ago.
nothing I could put my finger on, but I could see why people conceive of it.
for me the problem is uniqueness.
reincarnated as uniquely me or uniquely another?
but then perhaps the new problem becomes a misunderstanding of uniqueness in the first place. . . ?

No comments:

Post a Comment