Wednesday 17 June 2009

brother emile of taize

from his book 'never a stranger'
'It is his gaze resting upon me that allows me to be myself.'

and a few lines further on, he quotes from a novel by paul-andre lesort:
'For a long time I needed a mirror much more than I ever thought I did. Why this need beyond self-satisfaction or self-accusation...? I thought it necessary to see myself as I really am. But if by this the illusion of self-sufficiency is dispelled, a truth more subtle than illusion is dispelled also. The truth of love which actually makes us other than our own view of ourselves. The natural view of the self in the mirror of actions and memories nourishes despair, cynicism and magic. It was from Isabelle that I learned (but forgot again so many times) that we are infinitely more than what we are.'

my music?

No comments:

Post a Comment