Wednesday 18 February 2009

trust

in the last post I used the word trust
which sounds passive.
trust sounds like 'leaning on'
but it really isn't what I meant.
in your presence there is certainly 'leaning on'
but in your absence there can only be 'searching for'
which is faith and not trust
they clearly aren't the same . . .
sometimes I let you slip away
and sometimes I'm the one who slips away.


as if we travel at different speeds
and it takes all my effort to keep up.
so I fall behind then?

that has to do with rhythm I suppose.
never having had a good enough sense of rhythm -
not even in my music come to think of it:
days of complete meander . . . .
only when I discover the rhythm is it possible to move on.

for a while that was my mantra:
moving on through.
it should be again perhaps?

no, for the moment,
just keep up! you say,
smiling
no dilly-dallying please!

No comments:

Post a Comment